Professional dental cleanings are not just for keeping your smile bright; they can have a significant impact on your general health.
Insufficient oral hygiene can cause medical and dental issues include bone loss, cardiovascular disease, strokes, cancers, and many other problems.
Brushing and flossing at home are essential, but to ensure teeth are healthy and thoroughly clean, you should schedule regular check-ups and dental cleanings with Clínica Dental Champsaur.
Inside the Benefits of a dental cleaning in Panama are the opportunity to compare the state of your oral health to that of previous visits. If you are having a change in dental health, immediate intervention can bring you back to health.
Tooth cleaning is an essential dental hygiene that involves removing of dental plaque by scaling and planing the tooth. Clínica Dental Champsaur recommend having your teeth cleaned twice a year for adequate oral hygiene. More frequent visits to our office may be advised for those with serious dental problems.
Reasons for Dental Cleanings
Here are the reasons professional cleanings are so important.
• Remove most of the stains that dull and discolour your teeth, so you will be left with a brighter, whiter smile.
• Prevent gum disease, which leads to early tooth loss and can also reduce your chances of potentially deadly heart attacks and strokes.
• Detect oral cancers at an early stage during a routine cleaning.
• Detect the first signs of problems, such as broken restorations and fractures.
• Prevent and resolve persistent bad breath. Going beyond your daily brushing and flossing by getting a dental cleaning treatment gives you a healthier mouth and a fresher breath.
• Prevent cavities. Plaque build-up on your teeth causes tooth decay. They eat away your tooth enamel which leads to cavities.
• Your overall health is boosted. Gum disease can potentially increase heart disease risk because the bacteria in the gum may lead to the narrowing of arteries. Endocarditis is an infection that affects the inner lining of the heart and usually is caused by bacteria that spread through the bloodstream from another part of the body, such as the gums.
• Save money. Having professional teeth cleanings are a major component of your preventative dental care. Having your teeth cleaned twice a year will greatly reduce the possibility of needing more serious, and costly, dental treatments in the future.
Dental cleaning procedure
During a dental cleaning, Clínica Dental Champsaur will begin by doing a physical exam of the mouth, taking X-rays and performing a periodontal screening. These screenings check gums for inflammation, bleeding and sensitivity. After the exam, tartar will be removed from the teeth using scalers and ultrasonic instruments. Once the teeth have been cleaned, Clínica Dental Champsaur will polish them with a hand tool and may apply a fluoride treatment to strengthen the teeth.
Reserve your Dental Cleaning
With regular teeth cleaning, the risk of developing unpleasant oral conditions can be reduced.
During your teeth cleaning, which usually takes 45 minutes to an hour, we will gently clean your teeth, and help make the experience as relaxing as possible.
Now that you know the Benefits of a dental cleaning in Panama, you can call us at 261-6650 to book your next appointment.