Wisdom tooth extraction is a procedure common these days, and most of us must have or would need to undergo this surgery. Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to erupt in the mouth, but in most cases, it can cause some oral health issues due to the following reasons:
- Your wisdom tooth has partially erupted, it can lead to an infection, pain, or swelling.
- The wisdom tooth has erupted in a misaligned manner, it can also cause pain or swelling.
- If the tooth erupts at an angle, it can lead to several dental issues.
Wisdom teeth, also known as the third set of molars, usually erupt when you are between 17 and 24. In most cases, it is advised to have your wisdom teeth removed as soon as possible. When the teeth erupt, the root and its bone are still in infant stages are not too strong; hence the extraction process is easy. But once you wait for years, the root and bone become strong and intact, leading to a more complicated extraction process, which can sometimes be expensive and complicated.
How Much Does Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost in Panama?
The complexity of the procedure determines the cost. If your wisdom tooth has erupted in a misaligned manner or if you are having it extracted at an elderly age, the extraction will take longer and expensive. If you are looking to remove all four wisdom teeth together, chances are the dentist charges you a lower price. But there are some additional costs too.
Before surgery, your dentist at Clínica Dental Champsaur will check for signs of gum disease and take a panoramic x-ray or CBCT image. General anesthesia and IV sedation (twilight sedation) is available for those who wish to be sedated for the surgery. These medications reduce anxiety and put you to sleep for the duration of the surgery.
- Diagnostic costs include an initial examination. And later, an X-Ray – to know the exact location of the bone.
- Treatment costs may include local anesthesia costs or other fees, i.e., emergency service or after-hours appointment.
- Medication and aftercare costs.
Is Extracting Wisdom Teeth Worth It?
In most cases, you should not ignore the removal of wisdom. Even though the price of extracting your wisdom tooth may not be cheap, but if you ignore a misaligned or impacted wisdom teeth, it can lead to an expensive and complicated treatment. Remember, never worry about how much a wisdom teeth removal cost does because an impacted wisdom tooth can never get better in time.
In most cases, wisdom teeth are removed before they erupt. Extraction is usually necessary because there is not enough room in the mouth for them to erupt correctly. The improper eruption of a third molar can lead to an infection or an impacted tooth.
Risks of Wisdom Teeth Removal
Risks associated with wisdom teeth removal surgery include:
- Pain near the injection site (for IV sedation)
- Bleeding and swelling
- Jaw and tooth pain
- Insensitivity of the lower lip
- Dry socket (when the blood clot dislodges from the extraction site during the healing process)
- Permanent (rare) or temporary numbness in the mouth
To know more about How Much Does Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost in Panama? Please schedule an initial consultation with our dentists, this will allow us to evaluate you and generate a budget that includes pre-operative exams and surgery.