There are two main types of dental implants in Panama:
- Endosteal: These dental implants are placed in the jawbone. Typically made of titanium and shaped like small screws, they are the most commonly used type of implant.
- Subperiosteal: These dental implants are placed under the gum but on, or above, the jawbone. This type of implant may be used in patients who do not have enough healthy natural jawbone and cannot, or do not want to, undergo a bone augmentation procedure to rebuild it.
What is a Single Tooth Replacement?
There are multiple reasons why teeth are lost, such as extraction procedures or gum disease, and although you may not think twice about the empty gap left behind, not replacing missing teeth can have future consequences to your dental health, such as:
- Loss of shape to your natural smile
- Impairments or self-consciousness while eating, smiling, or talking
- Bone deterioration in the jaw
- Less protection to surrounding teeth
There are multiple treatment options to consider when replacing a missing tooth, but dental implants are a permanent, worry-free solution. Consisting of a small screw and a customized crown, dental implants in Panama are ideal for replacing single teeth without impairing gum health or surrounding teeth.
What Can I Expect During the Single Tooth Replacement Process?
The first step of single tooth replacement is fixing the tiny screw into the jawbone. Over a period of two to six months, the screw and jawbone bond together to form a solid foundation for the dental crown. A temporary tooth may be placed over this area to maintain appearance until the crown is placed.
The next step is to attach an extension to the screw, which is the final step before the crown is placed.
There are some single tooth replacement systems that already have the extension attached to the screw and do not require this step. Our experienced medical team will discuss these treatment options with you during your consultation.
A customized crown is then fixed to the screw and extension. This dental prosthetic is fashioned to match your natural tooth color and shape for seamless treatment.
Request your appointment for dental implants in Panama:[contact-form-7 id=”1365″]
*Your appointment will be confirmed soon.